Cluster necklaces are more tedious than they look! I used to think all I had to do was to find a nice color combination, get the beads and chain together and viola! I did just that, and ended with a rope-y cluster of beads and chains I did not want to wear. ever.
So I changed tactics and worked off a mannequin; so I would know exactly how the beads and chain fell when worn. The result was much better, and allowed me to see where there’d be gaps in the chain, where it got too heavy, and where it’d just look plain weird.
This took me a good half hour to complete, excluding the other half hour wasted on redoing parts that looked weird / too messy / too busy / too heavy. Rather pleased with it though!